The information below provides links and guidance in renewing your teaching license with the Kansas State Department of Education. Employee Services will be glad to help you, but individual questions are best answered by the licensure officers at KSDE.
- License Look-up: Find the expiration date for your license and your individual relicensure requirements.
- KSDE licensure home page: See a list of KSDE sites for obtaining licensure information.
- All forms: Get the list of all licensure forms.
- File your license with Olathe Employee Services
- Need to change your name or address? Click on this link.
NEW FROM KSDE: Fingerprinting is required for any licensed/certified employee who has never fingerprinted with KSDE. The information is on KSDE’s website. Olathe Public Schools provides additional fingerprinting services for licensed (certified) staff who are renewing/upgrading their licenses and have never been fingerprinted for license. Below are frequently asked questions from teachers.
- I have a background check with fingerprints on file for my concealed/carry permit. Can that be used in lieu of submitting to prints? No. The state says that a fingerprint authorization for one state department doesn’t allow the department to share with other departments.
- I have a recent fingerprint check for adoption proceedings. Will that count? No, see above.
- If I had fingerprinting for a previous license is that sufficient? Yes. This new rule only applies to people licensed by KSDE who received their licenses prior to the fingerprinting requirement.
Effective January 4, 2016, renewal process for certified teaching licenses will be handled through Employee Services Department. Contact will be Lori Busing, Certified Staff Specialist.
If you are within 6 months of your license renewal and need fingerprinting, please contact Lori Busing. Fingerprinting will be at the Education Center in the Employee Services Department by appointment only. Lori can be reached at 780-8109, district direct number 5001-8109, or firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions about renewing licensure should be directed to Lori Busing. Copies of licenses should be sent either directly to Lori in Employee Services or to Lori through email@example.com.
Written By: James Payne Date posted: August 20, 2013