In your first days as a New Olathe Educator, you will meet many people devoted to helping you succeed. Each educator new to our district is assigned to an Instructional Resource Teacher (IRT). New educators are assigned a Collegial Mentor or Building Buddy.
IRTs are master educators who work with new educators, providing support and guidance to help ensure their first year in Olathe is a success.
Your IRT will support you in the following ways:
- Provide materials, information, and guidance regarding the district curriculum
- Observe lessons based on district adopted curriculum at least three times a year
- Provide input for the appraisal process
- Encourage participation in and reflection on professional growth opportunities
- Co-plan lessons that emphasize effective instructional strategies
- Consult on topics such as assessment, effective instruction, classroom management, etc.
- Maintain a confidential, collegial relationship
- Serve as a resource, liaison, and troubleshooter
As an educator new to the district, you will be assigned a collegial mentor or building buddy. This teacher will help acclimate you to curriculum, instructional practices, and expectations of the district.
You can also begin your master’s degree! We have a cooperative agreement with Emporia State University to help you further your education. Find out more at this link.
Written By: hr Date posted: December 13, 2011